Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

They walk among us but are not like us

No, they are most certainly not like us. They are monsters. The Christian-Newsom murder trials have been going on here in Knoxville for about a month now and they reached the verdict and sentencing today of the first of four "defendants." It makes me go numb, though, as I hear about the details of this horrific crime, and I know that there is no punishment that could ever ever bring justice to these families. I won't go into the gruesome details here on our blog, dedicated to our sweet sweet little girl, but you can do a search or read one of these links here or here. Sadly, I know these events are more common than we could possibly imagine. This one strikes at my heart because it happened here in Knoxville. Also, the victims were so young- 23 and 21. They were literally in the wrong place at the wrong time. More than anything I now can't stop thinking of how to protect my little one from the evil lurking in the shadows.
Hug and kiss your babies. They grow so fast and before long we won't be able to protect them from the monsters. My heart hurts for the mothers of Chris and Channon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your baby is cute as a bug! I found your blog thru my niece's in Atlanta and how funny. I'm here in K-town too! I am completely glued to everything about the trial. I agree with all you say, especially to hug our babies. I have a tendency now to hug my 22 year old UT student daughter a little tighter each time I see her, I look deeper into her eyes, we talk more when she is coming and going from work, class, wherever AND, more than ever before we always tell each other we love the other. God bless all the moms and dads and babies in this world and may He keep our babies safe!

The Diddles said...

Well said! We need to get our little ones together soon!